zoom Infrastructural investors 3i Infrastructure plc and AMP Capital have entered into an agreement to jointly acquire 100% of Danish company ESVAGT from Maersk Group and ESE-Holding A/S. The sale amounts to a value of DKK 4.1bn equalling to approximately USD 610m.ESVAGT, Copenhagen-based provider of safety and support at sea, has more than doubled its turnover since 2009 and is one of the industry’s most profitable companies.”ESVAGT is a sound, well-run company with an exceptional operational excellence, and we have assessed how we best serve ESVAGT’s long-term interest, as they are not part of the Maersk Group’s core business. The sale to 3i Infrastructure plc and AMP Capital has proven to be the best way of ensuring that ESVAGT can continue its development based on a strong culture and heritage, while at the same time creating value for the shareholders,” said Maersk Group CFO and Chairman of the Board in ESVAGT, Trond Westlie.“Almost 25 years of collaboration with the Maersk Group has meant ESVAGT is now industry leader when it comes to safety at sea. We are happy that by selling to 3i Infrastructure plc and AMP Capital, we have found a shareholder group who will invest with the long-term perspective,” Kent Kirk, co-founder of ESVAGT and shareholder in ESE-Holding A/S, commented.AMP Capital Global Head of Infrastructure Equity Boe Pahari added: “We believe ESVAGT represents an excellent opportunity for our investors. It holds leading positions in its core Scandinavian markets where there are high barriers to entry. Its contracted revenue streams, unique operating model and market-leading margins mean it is expected to continue to deliver stable and predictable revenue. The company is also well positioned to replicate its success in overseas markets as well as the offshore wind sector, which we believe offers exciting opportunities for the business.”Completion of the transaction remains conditional upon receiving clearance from the European Commission under the EU Merger Regulation. Completion is anticipated by the end of September 2015.In 1991 the Maersk Group bought 50% of the company, and in 1998 the Maersk Group’s ownership share increased to 75%. The remaining 25% has remained with ESE-Holding A/S.ESVAGT has a fleet of 43 vessels (1 x SOV newbuilding scheduled for delivery in 2016 and 1 x CCV newbuilding scheduled for delivery in 2017) and more than 800 employees on- and offshore.